At All Saints’ Friern Barnet, we believe that every person has a value and dignity which comes directly from the creation of male and female in God’s own image and likeness. Christians see this potential as fulfilled by God’s re-creation of us in Christ. Among other things this implies a duty to value all people as bearing the image of God and therefore to protect them from harm.
- We accept and endorse the principles within section 1 of ‘Safeguarding in the Diocese of London’
- We commit ourselves to nurture, protect and safeguard all our members, particularly children, young people and adultsat risk.
- We recognise that safeguarding is the responsibility of the whole church community.
- We undertake to exercise proper care in the selection, appointment, training and support of those working in a paid or voluntary position with children or adults at risk, including the use of Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) disclosures and making appropriate referrals to the Independent Safeguarding Authority.
- We will respond without delay to concerns or allegations that a child or adult at risk may have been harmed, cooperating with the police and social care services in any investigation.
- We will challenge any abuse of power by anyone in a position of trust.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support to anyone who has suffered abuse, developing with them an appropriatehealing ministry.
- We will seek to offer pastoral care and support, including supervision and referral to the proper authorities, to any member of our church community known to have offended against a child, young person or adult at risk.All Saints PCC agreed and adopted the above Policy at its meeting on 8th April 2019
Karen Charles is our Safeguarding Officer. Karen also works in education. You can email her by clicking this link
Samantha Applin is our Children’s Champion. You can email her by clicking this link
For more information, see
The Diocese of London’s safeguarding policies and approach here
The London Borough of Barnet here